Burnt stars Bradley Cooper as a chef, Adam, who has ruined his career and needs to start over, so gets a job running a friend's restaurant in a luxury hotel and devises a new menu, via trying out all sorts of eateries and street food stalls around London, in an effort to get a Michelin star. He hires Sienna Miller to work in his restaurant, which is shown to be in the Langham Hotel. I know the head of PR at that hotel and she had a great time watching the movie being filmed and was even in it as an extra, though I didn't spot her when I was watching the film!
I really enjoyed this film - it was impressive to watch the restaurant scenes (Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller both had to learn to cook and I've seen interviews where they talked about the lengths they went to and how good they now are at filleting fish!). It's also a great one to choose for Food 'n' Flix as there is so much to take inspiration from!
How to participate in Food 'n Flix:
- Watch the chosen film (Burnt). Taking inspiration from the film, head into the kitchen and cook or bake or make something.
- Post about it on your blog with a link back to THIS post and a link to Food 'n Flix. Use of the logo is optional.
- Alternately, post a photo of the dish you made on Instagram (public accounts only). You must include the following in your caption: short intro, recipe, #FoodnFlix and tag (@carolinemakes).
- You must post must be current (during month of film). And of course we don't mind if your post is linked to other events...the more the merrier.
- Have fun with it!
- Email your entries to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com and include:
-name of blog as you want it written
-name of the dish/drink you created AND a direct link to your post (blog or Instagram)
-attach a photo or give permission to pull one from your post
-indicate "Food 'n Flix Submission" in the subject line
Deadline for submission is: November 30, 2016