Alphabakes continues to be a resounding success; even though some people found last month's letter a little more difficult, we had plenty of entries beginning with the letter N. I made nanaimo bars, which I thought was inspired, but several other people had the same idea! Check out my co-host Ros's blog The More Than Occasional Baker for the round-up; she outdid herself with her Neapolitan rose cake and the other entries we had were all a real treat for the eyes, and I'm sure the tastebuds as well!
So without further ado I can share with you all that the letter we are baking with this month is.....
I hope that we will still get plenty of entries and that you won't all think this is too hard.... jam is perhaps the most obvious thing that starts with J (which you could either make, or use as an ingredient - Alphabakes is always open to interpretation!) but I've already got two other bakes up my sleeve. One is something I've been wanting to try baking for a while and the other is something I remember eating as a child and I'm not even sure I will be able to find a recipe, but I will give it a go!
A quick reminder of the rules...
1. Post your recipe on your blog and link it to The More than Occasional Baker and Caroline Makes, stating the relevant month's host. If you do not have a blog, email us a picture and a brief description of your entry which we will include in the round-up at the end of the month.
2. You can use your own recipe or someone else's recipe. The recipe can be sweet, savoury or a mixture! Anything goes as long as the random letter is predominantly featured in the recipe as one of the main ingredients or flavours or in the name of the bake itself (i .e . not as a garnish , or using 'flour' for the letter F!) You can also republish old posts/recipes but you must include the information for this challenge as stated in these rules.
3. Add the logo to your post and add 'alphabakes' as a label to your post.
4. Email your entries to email@example.com by midnight (GMT) 25th of each month. Please include:
Your name (that you want included in the round up or we will use the name of your blog)
Your blog post URL
Photo of recipe (to be included in the round up)
5. You can submit as many entries as you like.
6. You do not have to participate every month to join in.
7. You may submit your entry to other challenges as long as it complies with their rules.
8. If you use twitter, please use the tag #alphabakes and mention @bakingaddict and @Caroline_Makes. We will retweet all those that we see.
9. Have fun! :)