We're coming to the end of the alphabet, quite literally. There are only two letters of the Alphabet left, they are both right at the end of the alphabet and they are both quite tricky! So I wonder how many of you will be pleased to learn that the letter for this month's Alphabakes is....Z! Those of you who have been with us from the beginning have had a long time to prepare for this letter coming up so even though it's a toughie, I'm sure you won't let us down... I can think of a few things (as a hint, we will accept the American rather than British name for a certain vegetable!) - and I'd love it if someone made a Zombie cupcake in the style of Lily Vanilli!
Last month we had Y and there were loads of brilliant entries as usual. If you missed seeing the roundup, pay a visit to Ros at The More Than Occasional Baker.
Please email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 25th. Feel free to share your bakes with us on Twitter as well, and we will retweet all the ones that we see: @Caroline_Makes and @bakingaddict. Here's a quick reminder of the rules.
1. Post your recipe on your blog and link it to The More than Occasional Baker and Caroline Makes, stating the relevant month's host. If you do not have a blog, email us a picture and a brief description of your entry which we will include in the round-up at the end of the month.
2. You can use your own recipe or someone else's recipe. The recipe can be sweet, savoury or a mixture! Anything goes as long as the random letter is predominantly featured in the recipe as one of the main ingredients or flavours or in the name of the bake itself (i .e . not as a garnish , or using 'flour' for the letter F!) You can also republish old posts/recipes but you must include the information for this challenge as stated in these rules.
3. Add the logo to your post and add 'alphabakes' as a label to your post.
4. Email your entries to email@example.com by midnight (GMT) 25th of each month. Please include:
- Your name (that you want included in the round up or we will use the name of your blog)
- Your blog post URL
- Recipe title
- Photo of recipe (to be included in the round up)
6. You do not have to participate every month to join in.
7. You may submit your entry to other challenges as long as it complies with their rules.
8. If you use twitter, please use the tag #alphabakes and mention @bakingaddict and @Caroline_Makes. We will retweet all those that we see.
9. Have fun! :)