Welcome to the Alphabakes challenge for May! This month it's slightly harder… I hope you can all come up with some great ideas and that you don't think this month's letter is horrible….. Have you guessed what it is yet?!
I have a couple of ideas flying around and I also have a funny feeling that something we're doing in my cake decorating class (which finishes at the end of this month) just might begin with H. Which I promise is pure coincidence!
As always, you have until the 25th of the month to send in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org; if you'd like to tweet them to @Caroline_Makes and @BakingAddict we will retweet all the ones we see. I'm hosting the challenge this month and can't wait to see what you all come up with! Remember, the letter can apply to the main (or one of the main) ingredients, or the name of the bake. Be as creative as you can!
Check out this and other blog challenges at http://thefoodblogdiary.blogspot.co.uk/
For those of you who haven't taken part before, or need a reminder, here are the rules:
1. Post your recipe on your blog and link it to The More than Occasional Baker and Caroline Makes, stating the relevant month's host. If you do not have a blog, email us a picture and a brief description of your entry which we will include in the round-up at the end of the month.
2. You can use your own recipe or someone else's recipe. The recipe can be sweet, savoury or a mixture! Anything goes as long as the random letter is predominantly featured in the recipe as one of the main ingredients or flavours or in the name of the bake itself (i .e . not as a garnish , or using 'flour' for the letter F!) You can also republish old posts/recipes but you must include the information for this challenge as stated in these rules.
3. Add the logo to your post and add 'alphabakes' as a label to your post.
4. Email your entries to email@example.com by midnight (GMT) 25th of each month. Please include:
- Your name (that you want included in the round up or we will use the name of your blog)
- Your blog post URL
- Recipe title
- Photo of recipe (to be included in the round up)
5. You can submit as many entries as you like.
6. You do not have to participate every month to join in.
7. You may submit your entry to other challenges as long as it complies with their rules.
8. If you use twitter, please use the tag #alphabakes and mention @bakingaddict and @Caroline_Makes. We will retweet all those that we see.
9. Have fun! :)