I'm very pleased to say that I have received a Versatile Blogger and a Sunshine award from Anuja at Simple Baking - do check out her site if you aren't already familiar with it. I particularly like the makeup bag cake she made for her daughter's birthday!
Rules for both the awards are :
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this Award and link them back.
2. Say some 5 random facts about you.
3. Spread the joy by nominating other bloggers.
4. Convey the blogger about the nomination.
Random facts about me:
1. I helped renovate a school in Namibia with the Bobby Moore Fund last year which was the most rewarding and possibly most challenging experience of my life.
2. I used to be a financial journalist on the Daily Telegraph and once realised I was wearing a fake Burberry scarf when I was about to meet the CEO of Burberry so had to quickly stuff it inside my bag. That would have been embarrassing! (Note: most journalists are not paid enough to afford real designer labels).
3. I am extremely short-sighted and have worn contact lenses since I was 12. You know the sight chart in the optician's that starts with one big letter at the top and gets smaller? That one big letter is all I can read without glasses or contacts.
4. I gained a grade 3 certificate in ice skating when I was 31 - it means I can skate backwards and on one leg (though not at the same time!).
5. I have joined Slimming World in an effort to shift the extra pounds that have come from making - and eating - so many cakes! Though it's not going too well so far....
I would love to share these awards with:
1. Ros at TheMoreThanOccasionalBaker
2. Mel from SharkyOvenGloves
3. Janice from FarmersGirlKitchen
4. Gem from CupcakeCrazyGem
5. Laura from LauraLovesCakes
Please pass on the love!